In this video, learn how to create logos that are based on stars in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature stars.
- [Instructor] Stars are such a popular logo … element because they signify brightness and excellence. … And what company doesn't want to be associated … with excellence? … When creating stars, not surprisingly … with the star tool, here are a few options to keep in mind. … You could draw it from the center point … at what if you hold down the option or alt key. … You can move it around whilst drawing … if you hold down the space bar. … And up arrow or down arrow will change the number … of sides on the star. … If you want the star to have a flat base … as I do then hold down the shift key. … So once the star has been drawn let's go and add … a stroke to it. … I just want to point out the stroke options. … I'm going to zoom in on that stroke and we'll come … and look at the stroke options. … You may want to choose rounded corners. … Now that's not the same as working on the corner widgets. … That's something entirely different. … And we can do that with the direct selection tool … and further round the whole shape by pulling …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.