Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Split heart, part of Designing a Poster with InDesign CS4.
In this example, we are going to be using another piece of popular iconography…associated with this tale of star- cross lovers, the heart. So we've got the…rose, we've got the heart, we've the dagger. We've got these solid impactful…black, whites and reds and those are things that are going to be recurring…throughout the whole series of posters.…Here I have a single heart broken into two with the two halves bleeding off the…edge to form some kind of abstract shape and this is very, very straightforward.…
What we are going to do here is we are actually going to switch to Photoshop,…where we can grab ourselves a heart, and then we'll open it up in Illustrator,…so that we'll roughen it up a bit and then place it in InDesign where we'll…crop it off the edge of the page and make a duplicate of it.…I also began with this, the un- roughened version, but getting some second…opinions, it was suggested that I should make the heart more rough to make it…somewhat echo the roughness of this distressed typeface that I'm using.…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing