Wacom ExpressKeys can be customized for use with any software you work in. Discover how to make the best use of them.
- The following videos show example express key, touch strip, touch ring, and on screen control suggestions for specific types of software. These will help your welcome device enhance your work. Implement these suggestions using any welcome shortcut you prefer. Many of the default settings will work for most programs, such as the modifiers like shift, alt, and control. Save, cut, paste, and scrolling.
But I've pulled together the most commonly used shortcuts you can implement. But don't be limited by these suggestions. You can create express keys of any keyboard shortcuts you tend to use the most often. Most of these suggestions can set as either, an express key or an on screen control. I'll specify the shortcuts that can be set up on a touch strip or touch slider. But those same shortcuts can also be set as express keys. I'll also specify a few shortcuts that'll work well as a button on your welcome pen.
Now when you create your shortcuts, try to keep like items together, such as your modifiers, or certain similar tools. These shortcuts are easier to use and easier to remember if like things are grouped together. And if you set up custom express keys for each program, you'll get access to what you need, without losing any express key settings for your other programs. And there are many other programs I may not touch on in these videos, but you can look at what I suggest here, and set shortcuts for your software, which more than likely will use the same or at least similar settings.
(buzzing) - [Insect] Help me.
- The benefits of ExpressKeys
- ExpressKeys defaults
- Customizing ExpressKeys
- Using shortcuts for ExpressKeys in different software programs
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Using Wacom Tabletswith Kevin Stohlmeyer48m 28s Beginner
Using Wacom Tablets with Photoshopwith Kevin Stohlmeyer47m 39s Intermediate
1. ExpressKey Benefits
2. ExpressKey Defaults
3. Customizing Wacom ExpressKeys
4. ExpressKey Shortcuts for Specific Software
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.