In this video, learn how to use scripts in Illustrator and see some useful examples.
- [Instructor] Many people, myself included,…use scripts as part of their Illustrator work…to accelerate certain processes and…there are a number of them out there.…I tend to use the list at Astute Graphics…because they curate that and all of the scripts in there…are pretty much tried and tested,…but you'll find many other places to find…them in as well and who knows, you might even…want to write your own, if you're capable of doing that.…Scripts live, by default, in the File menu…and in fact, there are four examples in there…but they tend to be a little bit out of date,…I think these days.…
And while it's possible for you to add your own…scripts into this list, I generally keep mine…in a separate folder and navigate to it…using this other script option just here.…So I'll show you just a few of the ones I use,…starting with random fill swatches,…which is the one I perhaps use the most out of all of them.…I'm going to select all of these squares at the back here…and then just hold down shift and click on the hexagon…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.