Learn about the process for selecting a preset and why to choose one over another.
- [Instructor] Okay, hopefully, by now…you've completed the challenge…and, remember, we weren't worried…about the type here at the bottom…because we're going to talk about how…to reset type later in the course.…So, let's zoom in here a little bit…on the logo elements themselves…and let's take a look at exactly what we're working with.…We've got just some basic rectangles here.…That's all they are.…Just rectangles that have been connected…and they're, basically in black and white…or shades of gray.…So, what's the best way to go about this?…Well, let's bring up the Image Trace panel first,…Window and then go down to Image Trace.…That's going to bring that up here…and I'm going to close the Advanced options…because I really don't need those for this I don't think.…
The first thing that I'm going to do…is choose the preset by dropping this down…and, seeing as this has two Shades of Gray,…I'm going to go down and choose Shades of Gray.…Once I do that, let's see exactly what it does.…It's going to go through and it may take a little longer…
- Working with Image Trace presets
- Setting up artwork
- Performing a basic trace with a preset
- Erasing and adding paths
- Refining paths with strokes and widths
- Resetting typography
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Break Down the Image Trace Panel
2. Perform a Basic Trace
3. Clean Up the Artwork
4. Project: Trace Artwork
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.