Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Simplified use of Variable Data in Illustrator, part of Illustrator CC 2018 New Features.
- Using Illustrator with variable data…is a very powerful feature, and the 22.1 release…of Illustrator has made it easier to work with,…because previously you had to work in XML…and now you can work with CSV,…which is much more accessible for many people.…Just as a quick side note, if this interests you,…and hopefully it will, because it's very powerful,…then check out John Garrett's course on using…variable data with Illustrator.…
So I've got a file here for a completely fictitious…supervillain conference here, which I've always…wanted to be in the theatrical sense anyway,…and it's got some different elements…on that I would like to make variable.…Starting down at the bottom here…I've got two rectangles, a black one and a red one,…and I'd like their visibility to be variable.…I've got a word above that that determines…whether or not they are staff or an attendee,…the company they work for, their surname,…their name, which also has an effect applied to it,…this upper arc just here, a linked Illustrator file,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.