In this video, learn how to create logos that are based on shields in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature shields.
- [Instructor] A shield harks back to heraldry. … It signifies protection and authority. … Shield logos are often used … for law enforcement and for car companies … as well as for sports teams. … So, let's take a look at some techniques … for creating shield shapes. … Beginning with an oval. … Draw a rectangle over the top, … select both using the path finder options minus front. … In addition, I'm going to switch to my anchor point tool, … Shift + C. … as opposed to a curve, then reintroduce a modest curve … by clicking and dragging slightly to the right, … holding down the Shift key as you do so. … To introduce curves at the top of the shield … with your pen tool, … come and add an anchor point at the top center, … then switch to your anchor point tool, … drag down the left … and then drag down the right. … You might want to also pull down a guide … so you know just how far to drag down the other side. … And I'm also here going to select the top anchor points … and then just pull that shape up …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.