Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting preferences, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the first things I do when I open up a new application, is I always…completely review the preferences to see if there's anything in there that A, I…should be aware of, or B,…that I need to change in order to make that application work the way I want it…to, and Illustrator is no different.…Now I know this probably isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but this…is definitely valuable information and something I think more people should…explore and get to know.…Because if you don't set your preferences up before you get going, how do you…know that Illustrator is even doing the stuff that you want it to do?…Exploring this panel is going to be a great way to get your workflow started…off on the right foot.…
So let's go ahead and open up the Preferences panel.…Now on the PC, I'm going to go to the Edit menu and go down to Preferences.…On a Mac I would go to the Illustrator menu and find Preferences.…You can even also hit the keyboard shortcut Command+K or Ctrl+K on your keyboard…and that will instantly launch the General section of Preferences.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.