Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting objects by attribute, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In addition to all of the Selection tools we've been using, Illustrator also has…a Select menu that allows you to make selections as well.…In this menu, we will be focusing on two options.…So first of all let's go find that menu item.…Let's go up to the top of the screen and find where it says Select, and click.…Once you have that clicked, you'll notice that it drops down with a menu and…these are the two options we are going to focus on: Same and Object.…Let's first worry about the Same options.…So the first thing we have is Appearance.…This means match the exact same appearance of this object.…
So if you had an object selected, you could pick Same > Appearance, and Illustrator…automatically looks throughout your entire document to find objects that equal…that same appearance, fill, stroke, effects, et cetera.…You could also choose based on Blending Mode, Fill & Stroke, Fill Color only,…Opacity, Stroke Color, or Stroke Weight.…Let's take a look at how this works.…I will click away from this and I am going to select just this object right here.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.