- Now the one problem with our PNG graphic…that we created in the previous movie…is that it's pretty darn small.…Now here I am inside of Photoshop,…if I drop down to this dock item right here…in the lower left corner of the window…and click on it,…notice that this image measures 964 pixels wide…by 672 pixels tall.…That's a total of just more than 640,000 pixels,…so in other words, this isn't even a megapixel image.…And of course, we've got a lot…of empty space around the logo.…In other words, this logo is pretty big by web standards,…but it's very small if we wanna project it on a big display,…or if we wanna blow it up and back light it.…
So let's say you wanna create a larger PNG graphic…then what you do is you switch back over to Illustrator,…and again you wanna make sure…that your text is aligned to the pixel grid,…then you return to the File menu…and choose Save for Web.…And you should see that all your previous settings…are still in place,…that is the file Format is set to PNG 24,…the Transparency check box is turned on,…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.