Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Scaling a design to avoid antialiasing, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie, I'll show you how to scale…your graphic here, inside Illustrator,…so that you can export it as a layered PSD file…without any unnecessary anti-aliasing.…Now, I've created this slide for you…because we are gonna have to figure out…some specific math here.…And so, the back-story is that, when exporting…a layered PSD file, Illustrator's always going to…anti-alias at resolutions above 72 pixels per inch.…So, as long as you stick with the resolution…of 72 ppi, you're fine, but anything else…introduces anti-aliasing along your…perpendicular edges.…
So, if you want a higher resolution,…you have to scale the graphic before exporting it.…For example, let's say you want…a resolution of 300 pixels per inch.…In that case, you take 300 and you divide it by 72,…and you get 4.166 repeating.…Or, if you want to express it as a percentage,…you take the decimal point and you move it…over two digits and you get 416.7%…which means that our 964 by 672-point document…needs to grow as follows.…
We take 964, multiply it times 4.167…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.