Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving your artwork, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Even though you should probably have been saving your artwork all throughout the…creation process, I realize there are some people out there that probably don't…save as often as they should.…So in this movie, I'm going to walk you through the process of saving a…document in Illustrator.…In order to save a document, you need to go up to the File menu, and you need to choose Save As.…Once you choose Save As, depending on your operating system, you'll be brought to…different locations on your hard drive.…All you have to do is simply name your file whatever you want to name it --…in this case, I'll just call it print_ save_2 -- and then you can choose the Save…as type underneath.…
The Save as types that you have include a .fxg file, an Illustrator file, a…PDF, an EPS, an Illustrator Template file, an SVG file, and an SVGZ file, or SVG…Compressed file.…Most of the time, you're just going to be saving out as a regular .AI file,…for Adobe Illustrator.…Once you click Save, that's only half the battle, because you're going to be…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.