Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving for the web, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Although Illustrator is mainly used in a print production workflow, in…conjunction with applications like Adobe InDesign, it can also be used as a Web…design tool as well.…As a matter of fact, I design a lot of graphics inside of Illustrator that go on…the Web, and in this movie, I am going to show you how to take the graphics you…design in Illustrator, and save them out in a Web-friendly format.…Now, there are a lot of ways that you can do this, and you can exactly split up…the graphics into multiple parts by utilizing something called slicing,…but I just want to take you through the basics of saving for the Web.…
So let's say, for instance, I created this banner for a blog, and I want to save…this out as a single image.…I am going to go up the File menu, and I'm going to choose Save for Web.…You can also hold down almost the entire left side of your keyboard, and hit the…letter S to get this to come up.…The actual keyboard shortcut is Alt+ Shift+Control, or Option+Shift+Command on the…Mac, and pressing the letter S. That's a whole lot of letters,…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.