Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving time with keyboard shortcuts, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the keys to becoming more productive is to learn to utilize keyboard…shortcuts, and when you're dealing with type,…keyboard shortcuts can save you a ton of time.…In this movie, I'll be going through some of my favorite Type shortcuts.…But don't worry about going and writing them all down;…you have access to something called the ai_cheat sheet, and it's located in the…Extras folder of your exercise files.…Inside of that document, if you scroll down to the TYPE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS page,…you'll be able see all of my favorite Type shortcuts in one convenient location.…
I've also given you both shortcuts for Mac, and PC.…Let me go over a few of these right here, and then we'll go into Illustrator, and…I'll show you how they work.…The first Shortcut that I use all the time is the increase and decrease Type Size.…Now, this is going to be a little different if you've never done it…before, but that's okay.…When you have text selected inside of Illustrator, simply hold down the Shift…key, and the Command or Control key, and then press the little gator mouth keys, or…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.