Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving templates, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Creating artwork that you can then repurpose for multiple uses inside of…Illustrator is one of the things that makes Illustrator such a great program.…In this movie, I'm going to focus on one way that you can save your artwork…inside of Illustrator in a more reusable format, so that basically, you can base…other documents off of it as well.…You are going to be doing this by saving it as a template.…So the first thing I am going to do is I am going to open a file that I need to use.…I will jump over into the Adobe Bridge, and I will go into my Exercise Files >…Chapter 15 folder, and I will grab the template.ai file.…
Basically, this is a business card template, and I am going to add a few things to…this before I save it, so that someone could easily open this up, make a change,…and save out as a new business card.…So here I am going to grab the Type tool, and with the Type tool selected, I am…going to down to the Layers panel, and I will double-click to expand it, so I can see it.…And I'll create a new layer on top, and I'll call this layer Text.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.