Learn about saving and loading symbols.
- [Instructor] So now that we've started your…symbol library, it might be a good…idea to show you how to save it…and to access it in the future so that you can use it.…Saving symbols is really simple.…All you need to do is save the file,…and the symbols will save with it.…So, I'm going to go to File, Save As.…We can navigate to wherever you want to save it.…I would label it, Button Symbols,…and click Save.…It's going to save as a regular Illustrator file,…and you can open it whenever you need it.…
So, let me show you how to go ahead and open it.…I'm going to open a New File here in Illustrator,…and we'll just go to Print…and open a plain old Letter Size document.…And notice, when I open a new document,…the symbols, the graphic styles, everything that we had…in our personal Start files, is gone.…But what if I want to load the symbols now that we created?…Well, first thing I'll do is go ahead and select these…and delete them, 'cause they're useless to us.…
And now, we're going to load a new symbol.…To do that, we're going to click on this icon,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.