Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving in legacy formats, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When you're sharing files with other people, especially other designers, and…commercial printers, you may find that other people simply don't have the same…version of Illustrator that you do.…In this case, you're going to need to save out your artwork in something called a…legacy format, so that they're able to open it,…because by default, someone using Illustrator 8, or 9, or 10 probably won't be…able to open your Illustrator CS6 file, so we need to find out, how do we then…save in a format they can use?…Let's go up to the File menu, and choose Save As, and in this case, I'll call…this print_save_legacy.…
I'm going to leave it on the Illustrator file type, and I'll click Save.…Once I click Save, it takes me into the Illustrator Options, and at the very top…of the Illustrator Options is a little hidden feature that allows me to…determine the version number of this particular file that I'm saving.…So you'll notice at the top is Illustrator CS6, because that's the version of…illustrator we're working in.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.