Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving appearances as graphic styles, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the great things about Adobe Illustrator is the fact that you can take…effects, or combinations of effects and appearances that you create inside of…this program, and save them as something called a graphic style.…Graphic styles are basically a set of appearance options that are saved, and…easily applied to artwork with the click of a button.…Let me show you exactly what I mean.…I am going to select the background in this object here, and once I have the…background targeted, I am going to come over here to Graphic Styles panel.…You will notice, by default, I have a few different graphic styles to choose from.…
For instance, this one is called Illuminate Yellow.…I also have Tissue Paper.…If I click on this, it automatically applies the Tissue Paper graphic style to…the graphic that I'm working on.…It may take some time, because there are several different effects and…things that go into this,…but as you can see, it changes it completely.…And if I look at the Appearance panel, it's actually added three different fills,…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.