Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving PDF files, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
When saving files out of Illustrator, you can choose from a wealth of different…formats and probably one of the most popular formats that are in use is PDF.…Now it's important to realize that PDF is kind of like a wrapper technology.…It's simply a file that can contain information inside of it and that…information can really be many, many different types of file formats or…with different settings.…Now specifically with our topic here in this training title, we have the ability…to put either a live transparency into a PDF file or we can put flattened…transparency into a PDF file.…
It's pretty much our choice.…So what I want to cover in this movie is how to save a PDF file and how to…determine what kind of information goes into that PDF file.…So I'm working with this file here.…It's called label.ai and I'm going to go to the File menu here and choose Save As.…Next for the Format here, I'm going to choose to save this file as an Adobe PDF file.…I'll click Save and that brings up the Save Adobe PDF options dialog box.…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.