Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Rotating objects, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Another basic transformation that you'll probably have to make to your artwork…quite often is a rotation.…In this movie, I'll explore the rotation options and how you can perform those…to transform your artwork.…In order to perform a rotation, you have to have your artwork selected or a…group of artwork selected.…In order to do that, you can simply use the Selection tool and draw marquee…around the objects or, if they're already group together, you can simply click…on them and they automatically become selected.…Once you have your objects selected, you're going to use the control points…around the bounding box to make your rotation.…
Again, the bounding box is this invisible box that contains your artwork.…Once you find the bounding box, bring your cursor to the top right corner or any…corner for that matter, and wait for the arched arrow to appear.…Once you see the arched arrow, you can simply click and drag clockwise or…counterclockwise to rotate your object.…Once you're ready to complete the rotation simply let go of your mouse.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.