Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Resizing your artwork, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In this next movie, we'll be exploring something that you've probably seen me do…a few different times throughout this course, but you might not have been…exactly sure how I did it.…So I've thought I'd take some time and actually show you how to resize your…artwork here inside of Illustrator.…So the first thing you have to do is actually have your artwork selected on the artboard.…So I've grabbed the Selection tool and I'll just grab my little bear here, and…once I grab the bear, you'll notice that I get a bounding box all the way…around the outside.…The bounding box is simply an invisible container that holds your artwork together.…
This container is where you're able to do all of the resizing directly on screen.…You'll notice that in the four corners of this bounding box, you have little squares.…These little squares are what we call control points and on those control…points, you can move your cursor to them, and you'll see that it turns into two…little arrows, in the corner here, here, and here, and down here as well.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.