Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Repeating transformations, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
As you continue to work with transformations, there may come a time when…you need to repeat a certain transformation or create multiple copies of a…transformed object.…In this movie, I'll show you how to work with multiple copies and also how to…repeat transformations using both a keyboard shortcut and an effect.…First of all, let's see how to perform basic repeatable transformations.…I am going to select this piece of artwork on my artboard right here by clicking…and dragging a selection around it.…Once I have it selected, I can come over the top of it, hold down the Option key…on Mac, the Alt key on PC, and once I see the double cursors appear, I can…click and drag it to the right.…
Once I have it where I want it, I'll release the mouse and release my Option or…Alt key and I've created a duplicate copy just like you see there.…If I hold down the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+D or Command+D on the Mac, it…automatically creates a duplicate of that object with the same transformation…that I just applied.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.