Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Renewable creative energy, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- Most designers are very hard workers.…We think through and create unique ideas,…refine our ideas, and turn these ideas…into compelling designs.…This process takes a great deal of creative energy.…Over the course of time, we all produce a lot of work,…and a lot of ideas we create are never…ultimately used by our clients.…So, what do you do if you have more ideas…than you can use?…It's a good problem to have.…So let me share a good creative habit with you.…
I like to call it renewable creative energy.…I encourage you to establish a system…where you can start archiving your…unused ideas and graphics.…Whether they are sketches or vector comps,…I want you to put in place an easy way…for you to file your unused designs and concepts…for future reference.…For my sketches, I have a simple folder…I put unused sketches into and for my vector comps,…I keep a folder on my computer that I can…easily access and review.…
And I fondly refer to it as the Folder of Lost Ideas.…And we have a copy of that folder here,…and I brought some of the contents of my folder…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 49m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 5s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.