Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Reflecting and skewing objects, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
The final stop on our tour of the transformations inside of Illustrator brings…us to skewing and reflecting.…Skewing allows you to transform an object into almost like a slanted-like…appearance, while reflecting actually creates exactly what you think;…a reflection of that object, almost like you've mirrored it in a way.…Let's first start off by taking a look at the reflecting.…I'm going to select this object that I have on my artboard here and I'll make it…a little bit larger so you can see it.…I'll just resize it like so.…If I wanted to reflect this apple, I'll go over to the Tools panel, click and…hold on the Rotate tool and find the Reflect tool.…
Once I've got the Reflect tool, I can simply come to the edge of this apple and…click and drag to reflect it.…As you see, it's flipped it right over.…If I want to undo that, Ctrl+Z to undo.…I can also move this reference point as well.…So if I move the reference point and then click, the reference point creates the…point of reflection just like this.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.