Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Red rose, part of Designing a Poster.
In this version we have our type divided in four sections, each sections rotated…45 degrees around the rose which is placed at the center of the page and the…rotation is accentuated with these white lines that lead from the rose, connect…to the rose, and lead out to the edge of the page. So we are going to begin at…this point with just the type, and for this version I'm using font called Odeon…Condensed font. If you don't have it then you might try and find a similar…sans-serif very condensed font.…
Okay so what we need to do first of is prep an image. If I come over to Bridge,…we start with this, redrose, and we end up with this, the redrose_isolated. So let…me just show you how we do that. And you probably are familiar with this…technique but I'm just going to open this up and then I'm going to draw a pen…path around it. Now there is one already there, so you can go to your Path…panel. But if you are doing this from scratch, choose your Pen tool and just…draw around it, click-and-drag, make nice graceful curves and in order to avoid…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing