Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording an action for the Simplify command, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So we saw in the previous movie that I was able to use the Simplify command…to not only make my path little bit more smoother, but also reduce any…extraneous anchor points.…Now, I am going to want to be able to apply that quite often as I am drawing…inside of Illustrator, but I don't always one have to go up to the menu,…choose Object, Path, Simplify, down to the number that I want to work with and then apply it.…So what I'd like to do is make that feature more accessible to me by turning it into an action.…I found that at least in the drawing work that I've done, I usually use two…values when I apply a Simplify command.…
I will use the value of 95% for small adjustments, and then I will use a value…of 50% for larger adjustments.…So let's go ahead now and create an action to allow us to quickly apply these…Simplify commands as we are drawing.…The first thing I am going to need though is I am going to need some kind of…path selected, so that I can now apply that Simplify command.…So I am just going to take the regular Line tool here and click and drag and…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.