In this video, learn how to experiment with different logo color schemes in Adobe Illustrator using the Recolor Artwork tool.
- Let's take a look at some ways in which we can edit … our color using Illustrator's recolor artwork feature. … So I have two versions of my logo, … I'm going to use the bottom version as a control, … so that we can refer to that as we edit this version. … Recolor artwork is here, … top-center on your tool options, … you'll also find it under edit, … edit colors, recolor artwork. … I'm just going to leave it for a moment, … so that we can see it while I'm making my changes. … This is a very powerful dialog box, … it has one drawback, … and that is that you cannot undo incrementally, … so if things go awry, … you will need to click on the eyedropper, … and that will take you back to your starting point, … but it won't just undo the last thing that you did. … First of all, … if I want to make a global adjustment to the colors, … and in this case, … just de-saturate the colors. … I'll now reset them to how they were. … Secondly, if I want to reassign the colors, … that they are being assigned to, …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.