In Adobe Illustrator, explore techniques useful for creating logo symbols that radiate from a center point.
- [Instructor] In this movie, … I'd like to show you some techniques … for creating logos that radiate from a center point. … In my first example, … I want to use a live effect called transform. … So effect, distort and transform, transform. … This is a very powerful dialog box. … We can scale, move, rotate, … and make multiple copies. … In this instance, … I'd like to scale my selected hexagon to 92%. … Let's turn on the preview. … It's scaling from its center point. … I also would like to rotate it, … an angle of 80 degrees. … I'll press the tab key to update the preview. … And then I would like eight copies. … Each of those copies is at 92% of the previous instance, … and each one is rotated 80 degrees … from the previous instance. … In a similar vein here, … I'm going to once again, … come to my distort and transform. … This time, I want to increase the scale to 110%, … and the angle will be 15 degrees. … But I want the rotation to take place … from the bottom left hand corner. … Let's turn on the preview …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.