Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing your artwork, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you've finished with your artwork inside of Illustrator, it's time to print…it, and send it off to the client.…In this movie, I'll be exploring Illustrator's Print command, and how you can…use it to export your artwork, and get it in the hands of the people who write the checks.…Let's go up to the File menu, and go down to Print.…The Print dialog box, right out of the gate, looks a little daunting, and that's okay.…Let's go through it piece by piece, and take a look at everything that's going on in here.…I will start off here at the top, where you will see Print Presets.…At the top, we can select any type any type of Print Preset we want.…
In this case, we've only got the defaults though.…Default, and Default for Web/Video/Mobile.…In this case, I am going to keep it on Custom, because I am going to change…some of these settings.…You can also select your printer.…In this case, I have Adobe PDF selected, simply because I don't have a printing…device selected on this computer.…This Printer Preset dialog box will show you every printer that's connected to…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.