Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing files from Illustrator, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
When it comes time to printing your file directly out of Illustrator, know that…you can also choose which flattener preset you want to use.…I'm going to press Command+P or Ctrl+P on Windows to bring up my Print dialog box.…And if I click on the Advanced option right here, I see that where it says…Overprint and Transparency Flattener Options,…I can choose which of the presets I want to use when I print my document.…Now it's just important to realize that you could have certain devices that you…know that you always send proofs to and then you have other devices in your…office, maybe a higher-end print,r that you use for higher-quality proofs.…
If that's the case, what you might want o do is actually create a print preset.…In other words, for example, I want to print to a low-end printer. I might…choose my proofing preset here, choose the printer that I'm actually going to be…printing to, and then choose to save this as a print preset and I might call that…preset low-res proof.…That way when I come back to my Print dialog box, I can simply click on this…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.