Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Prime point placement, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- The second vector build method…is prime point placement.…We use the clockwork method to help…create and establish an initial vector path.…We'll now use prime point placement method…to further dial in our anchor point locations…in order to finalize a precise vector shape…that matches our underlying drawing.…So in the previous movie…you saw me use the clockwork method…to discern where to place my anchor points…in order to form the hat in this figure.…
And I went in, and I adjusted the bezier handles…to form the paths and the bezier curves…in order to create a precision vector graphic.…Now, it's at the next stage, where I want to now…zoom in into areas of this design,…and really scrutinize those placement…of those anchor points,…and the curves that they create because always,…when you get the anchor point location perfect…when you use the clockwork method.…It's not intended to be absolutely perfect every time,…it's to facilitate you to be more accurate,…most of the time, so it'll get you,…for the most part, in the right neighborhood,…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.