Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Presenting your designs, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
Our job is to create communication arts.…The Achilles' heel for many designers is the presentation of their ideas.…This is usually the time when fear and loathing begins to set in.…It's a task that falls outside of most people's comfort zone, it's certainly …a skill that is more oriented with salesmanship than it is with design in general.…This is a critical stage in the creative process and you don't want to …drop the ball, you need the finish strong.…
So for this chapter I want to go over several points that will help you approach…clients with your ideas and present them effectively.…We will be covering Presentation formats, The reveal, Writing a design…rationale, Responding to client revisions, and Renewable creative energy.…Presenting ideas doesn't have to be intimidating, have fun with it. …Leverage these courses in creative ways to facilitate your own design success.…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations