Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Presentation formats, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- Whether you're presenting your designs in person,…or virtually, you need to establish a standardized format…for delivering your ideas to a client.…You don't want your medium to overpower you message.…You want your design to be the primary focus.…Let's take a look at the formatting I use…on my own projects.…I like a minimalist approach…when presenting my design directions to my clients.…
I want the design itself to be the focus…without the presentation being a distraction…or getting in the way.…So my template is purposely secondary…to the work I'm presenting.…In other words, you don't want the method…to outweigh the message.…And the message is your design, your artwork.…So this is a good example of the exact template…I use when I'm presenting either skull designs, like this,…or if I'm creating a logo development or iconography,…and you're gonna see those shortly,…examples of those types of projects.…
But in a previous movie you saw where I took this file…with these designs and exported out all the designs…using the custom script, and those where the PDF files…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.