Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Preflighting, part of Designing a Poster.
Before we prepare our print ready PDF, we should preflight our document to…make sure that there are no problems with it. Specifically, we are looking to…make sure that the links are up-to- date that we are not using any unwanted…colors and that we have got all the fonts, but there are other criteria that we…can preflight the document for and in InDesign CS4 there is a feature called…Live Preflight, where down here we can see we have no errors which is always good news.…
We can define a preflight profile, basically a list of criteria that the…document is checked against while the document is in progress. So, I'm going to…come to Define Profiles and currently it's being checked against the Generic…Basic Profile, which is pretty much good enough for our needs I think, but let's…create our own. So I'm going to click on Plus and will call our profile poster.…
Now, what things do we want to check? We want to check that we don't have any…missing or modified links. In terms of color. That's not necessary, that's not…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing