Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing vector artwork into Illustrator, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- It's pretty obvious that we're nowhere near done…adding the visual elements to our design.…So in this movie, we're going to take it one step further…by bringing in some of the vector elements…that we're missing so far.…So, the main things that we're missing here…are the logo at the top,…we've also got three icons that we need to add right here,…and then towards the bottom,…we've got these App Store badges…that we need to bring in, as well.…And so, what we're going to do…is just go up to the File menu, choose Open.…It's easier to just open these documents…and copy and paste them into your document,…or just to simply add them to a library,…which we'll talk about a little bit later on.…
But for now, we're just going to open them individually.…So let's go to app_stores…and let's hold down the cmd or ctrl key…and let's also bring in icons,…and then let's finally hold down the cmd or ctrl key…and bring in rain_logo,…and then hit Open.…That's going to open all three of these documents for us.…And so let's start off with the Mountain Rain logo here.…
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Working with Color
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Creating UI Elements
5. Last Steps
Taking the next step1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.