Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing images into Illustrator, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Although Illustrator is a vector editing program,…you still have the ability to work with pixel-based images inside of Illustrator…by placing them into your documents.…These could be photographs, or images that were created in Photoshop, or Fireworks,…or any other raster-based image editor.…In this movie, I'll walk you through placing a raster-based image into your…Illustrator file, and also how to work with it a little bit.…I'm going to go up to the File menu, and inside of the File menu,…you're going to be looking for a command called Place.…Now, you could also utilize the Adobe Bridge as well,…select your image, and then place it into Illustrator that way, but if you're…already in Illustrator, it makes more sense to utilize the File menu. I'll go…down, and I'll select the Place command.…
Once I click on the Place command, I need to then find the folder where the file…lies on my hard drive.…In this case, I'll go into the Chapter 12 Exercise Files folder, and there's an…images folder inside of there.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.