Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Perfecting the flat, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
So now that we've drawn the front and back of the t-shirts, they look pretty…good, except there's actually one little flaw.…Notice when you zoom in really close, there are little spiky things sticking out…some of the corners, at the neckline and where the arms meet.…This has to do with the way the strokes work in Illustrator and I'd like to…explain how that happens.…Let's move over here and I'm going to go ahead and lock this layer so I don't…mess with it and turn on something that I've already setup.…Right now, I've got three paths.…And if I highlight them, you can see the paths and each path was given a very…wide stroke and I gave it a stroke of 10 points instead of 1 point.…
So the path is what the computer reads, but the stroke is the visual…information that we see.…I'm going to open the Stroke panel, which you can find on the right side of your desktop.…The icon looks like this. It's the three little lines.…I'm going to click to open it.…If yours doesn't open up full size like this, all you need to do is click this…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.