Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Packaging your artwork, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
- View Offline
One feature that Illustrator users have been clamoring for for a long time is the ability …to package the artwork that they create inside of Illustrator and then distribute that artwork …to a third party. …And this is something you've been able to do in programs like InDesign for a long time. …You've able to package your files, including fonts, graphics, and photos, et cetera, and …then put that into a folder and send it out to someone, like a printer or another colleague …or whoever it might be. …And now you have that same ability inside of Adobe Illustrator CS6 with this new Cloud update.…
So what you need to do is just go to the File menu and choose Package, and once you do that, …it tells you the document must be saved, and that's okay. Just click Save to save it, if …it hasn't been saved yet. …Once you save the document, it goes through the process and brings up the Packaging dialog box. …It then tells you the location of where this is going to be saved, and I'll just click …this and put it out on my desktop and hit Choose. …
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur