Package Design with Illustrator
Find out how to use Illustrator to design clever, eye-catching packaging that holds up to the rigors of handling and satisfies your client's needs. Industry veteran William Everhart introduces the questions you should ask before you begin, to detemine the colors, size, language, and legal requirements for your design. Then William shows how to measure the product, prepare the package structure in Illustrator, and start laying out your design. You'll also learn how to create and add barcodes, proof your design, work with CAD files, and prepare your files for printing. Start now, and learn to tackle any package project that comes your way.
- Choosing a package type
- Determining package size
- Examining design considerations
- Creating a mockup
- Laying out your package design
- Creating your own barcode
- Preparing artwork
- Creating a 3D structure
- Incorporating cutting die CAD
- Creating a print-ready PDF
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to Package Design with Adobe Illustrator. I'm William Everhart, and I will be guiding you in the proper use of Illustrator as a package design tool. I cannot wait to share with you some of the knowledge I have gained over 20-some years of working with Illustrator in packaging. In this course, we're gonna cover things like where to begin, questions to ask the client, the converter, and the printer. Packaging design considerations, creating package mock-ups, laying out your design for packaging, creating and incorporating bar codes into your design, proofing options, working with CAD structures, and preparing your design files for professional printing.
We will cover all of these topics and more, so you'll be ready to tackle any package project that comes your way. Now I've got a lot of information to share with you, so let's get started learning all about Package Design with Adobe Illustrator.
Foundations of Drawing: Sketching the Landscape49,218 Views
Bert Monroy: Dreamscapes Volume 1311,503 Views
Guy Kawasaki on Entrepreneurship114,624 Views
Financial Analysis: Analyzing the Top Line with Excel101,827 Views
UX Design Tools: Balsamiq Mockups132,963 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate547,484 Views