Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of image tracing, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
- View Offline
We've come to my favorite new Illustrator feature, the revamped Image Trace.…You may laugh it off, thinking that Illustrator has had tracing capabilities for…quite some time now, and well, technically, you're correct.…Illustrator has been able to trace bitmap artwork and convert it to vector…format for quite a while.…But in previous incarnations of this feature, I found it difficult to get the…results I was looking for.…But in CS6, the Image Trace is both faster, and in my experience, more accurate as well.…Image Trace is actually replacing the live trace feature in Illustrator CS6 and…it works very differently.…
As a matter of fact, it's an entirely new tool altogether.…The main benefits of the Image Trace are cleaner paths, speed enhancements and…in my experience, better color recognition, which is huge for us designers.…For those of you who aren't familiar with tracing, let me break down exactly…what I'm talking about.…Let's say that you're working on a project for a client, and the client brings…
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur