In this video, learn about overprinting and the overprint preview.
- [Man] In this movie we're going to explore…some of the use of overprinting with spot colors…and tints of spot colors on this screen printing project.…So in the layers here,…I've got three layers,…each of which has the name of the ink being used…and what is a good idea…when you're working with files like this,…once you've established those colors,…is to clean out anything unnecessary in your swatches panel.…
That's actually really easy to do…and you achieve it by going to the panel fly out…at the top right of the panel,…and then choosing select all unused.…They're then all selected…and all you need to do is to click the trash can…at the bottom of the panel…and all of those colors are removed.…Much easier to work with.…So first of all what I am going to do here.…If I just go into outline preview just for a second,…you'll see there's actually several…concentric shapes just here…and I'm going to apply a tint of our pantone colors…here to those concentric circles.…
So if I pick up the second of those circles…and now go to my color panel,…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.