In this video, learn how to create logos that are based on ovals in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature ovals.
- [Instructor] Like circles, … ovals are very flexible enclosing shapes … and may be preferable if your logo name is long. … Here are some logos that use oval shapes. … Here are some techniques for working … with ovals in our logos. … We can select the enclosing oval shape … and rotate it giving it a jaunty slant … which gives the logo a futuristic look. … Or we can make it into an interlocking ring. … So here I have my oval and I need to split it apart. … So I need to use my scissors tool, … add two anchor points, … and then come and delete that segment. … Now I want to select the resulting shape which … is currently a stroked path. … I'm going to come to the object menu … and outline the stroke to make it a filled path. … I'll select that along with the type. … I should mention that the type … has been converted to outlines. … And then I'll come and get my live paint bucket … and all I need to do here … is making sure I'm painting in black. … You can see that I have those three swatches …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.