Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Outlining strokes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Once you've completed your artwork inside of Illustrator, especially if you've…been using strokes, one of the things you might want to do is gain full editable…control over those strokes.…Or if you get artwork from someone else, and you can figure out exactly what's…happened to the strokes that have been applied, chances are they've used…something called outlining.…And that's what we are going to focus on in this movie.…Basically you can think of outlining as a way of taking a stroke, from just…being something that flows along the path and turning it into its own separate object.…
So for instance, when I select this leaf over here on the left, let's zoom in…so I can see exactly what's going on.…When I have this selected, I only have control over the path, that's the blue…line that you see in between the stroke.…The stroke actually doesn't exist as its own object.…It's a piece of this object.…It's actually an attribute that's applied to it.…But what If want to independently edit the stroke? I wanted to move it, or use…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.