Learn how to create princess lines, darts, and shirt hems.
- [Instructor] So I've gone ahead…and moved the shirt back onto the template.…This is one of the reasons I like to keep the template…in the file.…So we can add a few additions to this,…because I'd like to show you a few other options…for drawing a button-down shirt.…One is, we could've made this a shirt with princess seams,…so let's go ahead and add princess seams to this.…Now, because I've already grouped it together,…I'm going to double-click to go into isolation mode,…because I want the seams to be part of the group,…I don't want them to be sitting on top…and outside of the group.…
Princess seams are not difficult.…We're going to grab the Pen Tool,…and these are going to be armhole princess seams,…so they start about midway through the armhole.…And they're going to come down around this way.…And they're going to end where the princess seam ends here,…and you can see the end of the princess seam…in the template.…So I'm just going to click right here…along the bottom of my hem, where the princess seam is.…So we have a very awkward looking line, but that's okay.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.