Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing raster graphics in Photoshop, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- Although Illustrator is a very powerful application,…there are certain things that it just can't do,…and one of those is edit raster graphics…as good as Photoshop can.…So in this movie, what we're going to do is,…we're going to spend a little time…inside of Adobe Photoshop,…optimizing the raster-based graphics…that we're going to put in here.…Now, you might be wondering exactly…what a raster graphic is.…Well, that's anything that is not made of vector data.…So if it's not .ai, .eps, or .ps file,…chances are it's going to be raster.…That includes PSDs, JPGs, TIFFs,…all of those different types of formats.…
So let's go ahead and start the project off…by working on the team photos of the developers…that are going to be listed at the bottom of the website.…We have those stored inside of our Exercise Files folder.…If I go to File > Open, and I go into Chapter 03,…you'll see that we have here photos…of Jay, Joey, Mel, and Trina.…And what I want to do is, I want to edit those,…but I want to make sure that they all fall into,…
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Working with Color
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Creating UI Elements
5. Last Steps
Taking the next step1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.