Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening PDF files in Illustrator, part of Illustrator CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] Illustrator now supports the opening…and placement of multi-page PDF files.…Of course, if it's a file…that has Illustrator editing capabilities turned on,…it should open anyway,…but otherwise you can just use the open command…or the place command to bring in a file.…If I use File, Open here, Command + O or Control + O,…I'll choose this PDF that I have on my desktop.…If I open that up, here are the import options.…Okay, so I can choose a page range here,…as you could with loading into InDesign…if you've done that process there,…or bring in the whole lot.…
You also get the choice to bring them in as linked assets…if you're just using them for placement,…then that's a good idea, of course,…because it's more file efficient to do it that way.…Although, if you want to edit the content,…you'll need to turn that off.…So I'll choose a range here.…What I'll do is I'll choose page two…and three,…and then to…six, like so.…Okay, so I should I have page three,…four, five, and six there.…
Let me just delete the end of that.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.