Discover the new variable fonts.
- [Instructor] There are a few wows…in the 2018 release of Illustrator…and if you're into your type,…this is going to be one of them.…OpenType Variable Fonts,…represented in your font menus by the icon…at the top of this document,…and I have two examples here to show you.…If I select the first of these,…this is Minion Variable Concept, just here.…I'm going to come across to the Properties Panel…and then down to the ellipsis…at the bottom right-hand corner…of the character segment there and click,…which opens the full character panel for me.…
Down just underneath the name of the font family,…I've got this Variable Font Control.…If I click there, you'll see I now have two sliders,…one for the Weight and one for the Optical Size.…If I drag the Weight slider to the right,…you can see that it's getting heavier…and heavier…on the type.…It's fantastic.…You'll notice, by the way, especially if you're used…to using web kits to create font families…for web applications and the like,…that this number equates to the numbers typically used…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.