Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Numerical sizes and coordinate positions, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this movie, I'll show you how to create…the first couple of shapes…that represent the nose cone of the rocket.…And we'll do so with precision control.…So I'll show you not only how to specify…the exact size of an ellipse and a rectangle…inside of Illustrator,…but also how to dial in their coordinate positions…inside the Transform panel.…I'll go ahead and switch over…to my document in progress here inside of Illustrator.…And then you wanna make sure…that your Smart Guides are turned on in the View menu.…So if you see a check mark…in front of the words Smart Guides, then all is well.…
If you don't, then go ahead and choose the command.…Next, go the Shape Tool fly-out menu here…and select the Ellipse Tool.…And then, at least in the most recent version…of Illustrator, notice that, as you drag,…you're gonna see a heads-up display…that's gonna tell you the size of your ellipse,…in points, in our case, on the fly.…And if you wanna change its position,…then you can press and hold the spacebar…in order to move it to a different location, like so,…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.