Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Well, we've come to the end of our journey with Illustrator CS6. If you made it this far,…congratulations!…I realize this was a lot of information to digest, but with the time, and practice,…you should be able to take the knowledge you've gained, and put it to good use in…your daily workflow.…If you'd like to take your knowledge to that next level, be sure to check…out some of the other great Adobe Illustrator courses in the lynda.com…Online Training Library.…For instance, if you found the typography features in Illustrator to be…intriguing, you might want to check out Mordy Golding's Illustrator Insider…course on Type and Text.…
Or if you'd like to know how to take full control of your vector objects by…utilizing the Appearance panel, be sure to check out Mordy's course on rethinking…Illustrator essentials as well.…Finally, if you want to get really in depth with learning every nuance of Adobe…Illustrator, including the Pen tool, blending, and masking, and killer special…effects, check out Deke McClelland's Illustrator One-on-One courses.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.