Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Congratulations on finishing Illustrator Insider Training:…Drawing without the Pen tool.…You see? I told you that you could have fun inside of Illustrator without…having to be bogged down by worrying about things like anchor points and control handles.…By focusing on building artwork and on the artwork that you want to create, you…don't have to worry about those technical details that may bog you down.…Perhaps most importantly, you've seen how Illustrator can offer two different…ways at how you might create artwork.…You can have technical settings that are very precise, but you can also go off…the beaten path and be a little bit creative.…
So the real question is after learning all this, what do you do now?…Maybe take a closer look at the some of your artwork before you sit down to create it.…In this way, you might find ways to use the tools that you've just learned how to use.…On top of that, you may want to look at some other titles in the lynda.com…Online Training Library from folks like Bert Monroy or Deke McClelland.…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.